An auction for 1.45GWs worth of onshore wind turbines held by Huadian has just closed with the following results:
- CRRC Zhuzhou (300MW): 3,287 CNY/kW
- Dongfang Wind Power (372.5MW): 3,464 CNY/kW
- Sany Heavy Energy (349.8MW): 3,438 CNY/kW
- Shanghai Electric (160MW): 3,673 CNY/kW
- XEMC (270MW): 3,542 CNY/kW.
The 1.45GW includes 18 onshore wind projects with a total bid price of about CNY 9.745 billion. (Haudian)
As developers are rushing to build their projects to connect before the end of 2020 in order to still be eligible for the FIT, we are seeing unprecedented growth in the Chinese wind industry this year and next. Production capacity of suppliers is now close to max and turbine prices are rising, now 10% to 20% higher than to 2 years ago. While this good news to many, we yet have to see what will happen as we enter the grid parity era.