- Published: 03 June 2019
- NEA releases notice on 2019 wind and solar power generation construction
- NDRC releases revised T&D price cost supervision and examination methods
- Xiong'an New District battery storage station research has been tendered
- Zhejiang lauches power spot market simulation test run
NEA releases notice on 2019 wind and solar power generation construction
The notice puts forward four general intentions regarding the construction of wind power and photovoltaic power generation projects in 2019:
- Promote the construction and development of subsidy-free projects.
- Strictly regulate the competitive allocation of project subsidies. Projects that require state subsidies must be selected through strict and standardized competitive allocation methods.
- Fully implement the conditions for power transmission and consumption, giving priority to the supply and consumption of electricity from subsidy-free projects.
- Optimize investment, build a comprehensive business environment and implement non-technical cost reductions such as land use.
In addition, according to the requirements of this notice, there must be a subsidy capacity for onshore wind projects in 2019.
The document also describes that for offshore wind projects to benefit from FIT subsidies, they must connect to the grid before the end of 2021 and therefore must be included in provincial construction plans by 2020.
NDRC releases revised T&D price cost supervision and examination methods
The new measures have been revised on the basis of combining the reform of the power system, drawing on and absorbing the experience of foreign transmission and distribution supervision, and summarizing the results from the pilot of the first round of transmission and distribution cost supervision and examination. The measures have the following main characteristics:
- Strengthening cost supervision and examination constraints and incentives, and implementing cost cap control on part of the transmission and distribution cost projects of grid companies.
- Refining the cost supervision and examination method by identifying items that are not included in the cost of transmission and distribution.
- Standardizing the requirements for cost supervision procedures.
Xiong'an New District battery storage station research has been tendered
Each district, county and small town in the region will be equipped with one battery storage power station, each with a scale of about 10MW/40MWh to reach an overall scale of about 500MW/2000MWh. The battery energy storage stations will be mainly used as for peak-adjusting and frequency regulation. The centralized plants will use decommissioned batteries from local and Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region electric vehicles. During the off-peak period, surplus wind power from Inner Mongolia and Zhangbei areas are utilized. While power generation peaks are used to generate electricity, the battery storage power station will provide emergency backup and other services. (BJX)
Zhejiang begins power spot market simulation test run
A simulation and testing of the Zhejiang Electric Power Spot Market has just been launched. The initial stage was mainly between power plants of 110kV and above in Zhejiang (the province with the largest energy import within the State Grid Corporation area) and electricity sales company. In the spot market simulation, every half hour the price of electricity will change according to supply and demand, which means that 48 different electricity prices will be generated 24 hours a day. (CEC)
Picture Source: ifeng